Sunday, March 2, 2014

Featured artist #1 Oasis Rising


As I said in my introductory post one of the reasons I started this blog was to share the people who have inspired me. This is the first of those features. Oasis Rising is one of the people who not only inspired me in miniatures and painting, but was integral in me starting this blog in the first place.Watching her videos has been very uplifting, as well as darn entertaining. She is an award winning painter and an avid vlogger. Her Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/oasisrising is prolific, with over a hundred very entertaining videos that range in content from painting tutorials to convention coverage with everything in between. One group of videos I would recommend searching for are her "Zen Painting" videos. They are very relaxing and nice to have playing while you paint. She is a part of the Wargamers Consortium as well, which consists of a large group of gamers and painters that regularly post videos on an even wider subject range. https://www.youtube.com/user/WGConsortium
Oasis Rising also has a Facebook page on which she posts pictures of work in progress as well as her finished models. It is usually worth checking out her Facebook to see what new projects she is working on as they will inevitably end up as a video on her Youtube channel. Everyone that enjoys painting miniatures should definitely check out her web pages. You will be highly entertained and, hopefully, as inspired by her as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment