Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pandora's Box and Lolita fashion

So, I've wanted to get into Malifaux since late last year. I had heard of the game the year before, but the figures at the time didn't really appeal to me so I didn't really check it out then. Once I rediscovered it I found out that they were in the middle of writing their second edition and releasing new figures. I was very excited about the renderings of the new figures so I decided to give the rules a chance. Then I found out about the system using cards instead of dice and I was hooked. I decided that I would play Gremlins, which at the time did not have there own faction. The reason I chose them was because of Wong, Burt Jebson, and Gracy. I love Big Trouble in Little China and these three figures were modeled after characters in the movie. Now Wong is a master and I am anticipating great things. Unfortunately for me the new Gremlins are going to be the last minis Wyrd is going to be releasing of the new waves. So after getting Wong and a friend getting me Burt I have decided that rather than wait another several months to start playing I would choose one of the currently released box sets. I decided Pandora was the one for me. The first reason is that the minis look amazing, the second is that I can relate to her temperament.
I've started assembling the models and I will be filling gaps with milliput soon. The figures fit together nicely, but the gaps can be fairly large. After I get them ready to paint I'll post a few pictures. I'm going through lots of pictures to get ideas for color. I'm also stumped about what to do with there bases. Suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment