Sunday, March 20, 2016

Salamanders Legion part 5

Cassian Dracos the first Commander of the XVIII Legion. Entombed in a dreadnought built by the hands of Vulkan himself to honor the veteran commanders accomplishments.

I decided to paint Dracos different from the other dreadnoughts. I decided black was an appropriate color for a couple of reasons. First is that it helps him stand out in a sea of green. Another reason is that many Legions, including the Salamanders, associate the color black with veteran status. A third reason is that I will be using him as both Cassian Dracos and Cassian Dracos Reborn and I felt that Dracos Reborn was a very dark and sinister character that black was appropriate for.  I will be adding Narik Dreygur to my army as well. Since I've found it difficult getting hold of his model for less than $50 I decided to convert a model to represent him. It wasn't difficult and he is done except for his base. So I'll post my pictures of him next, once he is completely done.



2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad I took the time to look at the big size pictures. So much technique and detail here. Great looking figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, the battle damage obscures a little of the shoulder detail, but hopefully it still comes through.

      Delete