Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Towering Destroyer Wraithknight part 1

So, to interrupt one project with another I present to you the beginning of my Iyanden Eldar ghost army. I decided to start up an Eldar army. For many years I had an Eldar army and they are my favorite race in the 40k universe and I love the melancholy sadness of their fall and their striving to rebuild what they have lost. I've always thought the Eldar models are the most beautiful that GW makes. I got rid of my Eldar army right around the time when they became good in the game and some of their best models came out. I feel like its time I got back what I lost and rebuild my Eldar. I have started big with the Wraithknight. He came out of nowhere when a neighbor of mine advertised him for sale/trade. So naturally I traded for him and immediately got to work on him the same day. I decided to integrate the new model into my love of Oldhammer and convert him to reflect a model I'm sure plenty of you are familiar with, if you are familiar with Armorcast. I love the old Epic scale knights and the Eldar knights were really cool. I decided the Towering Destroyer would be a unique looking Wraithknight so that is what I created. First is the original model, just in case you have never seen it.


Here is my conversion. The arms aren't in the same positions but I thought I would make it more dynamic looking to match the Wraithknight model.


No comments:

Post a Comment